Here's my dinner menu for six:
Snow Cones for dessert!
Everything on this menu is easy to prepare and since I'm working all day before the dinner party, I like to have a little help by using store bought, frozen oven fries (delicious), and having everyone make their own dessert- what's easier and more fun than a snow cone?
I'm a big believer in a steak that tastes like steak. Here's how I make my perfect sliced sirloin:
1) Let the steak come to room temperature (set it out on the counter for 1 hour)
2) Pat the steak dry with paper towels; season liberally with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
3) Heat a sautee pan to medium high heat (let it heat for 2 minutes or so)
4) Add a combination of butter and olive oil to the pan. Don't overdo it; for these large sirloins (2 12 oz sirloins) I used 1 tbsp. butter and 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
5) Cook the steak to desired doneness; about 7 minutes per side for medium rare
6) Remove steak from pan and wrap tightly in tin foil; let rest for at least 10 minutes.
7) Slice against the grain. Enjoy!