I love a festive baked good as much as the next person, but sometimes it's nice to give a little something savory along with all the holiday sweets. This salsa is tasty for any occasion, but this year I thought I'd include it in some gift bags because it's so easy to make, makes a pretty large batch (about 6 jars, I believe they each hold a cup), and it's great to set out with appetizers. I'm giving salsa this year as gifts along with a bag of red and green tortillas (Trader Joe's!) and a store bought jar of queso. Some margarita mix might make a nice accompaniment as well! 'Tis the season after all..
* 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
* 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
* 1/3 c. green onion, finely chopped
* 1/3 c. white onion, finely chopped
* 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (I removed half the seeds and membrane, if you prefer spicier salsa, include the seeds)
* 1/3 c. cilantro
* 1 lime
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients until desired consistency is reached. If you do not have an immersion blender, use a blender or food processor to blend the salsa. Refrigerate until ready to serve.